Absolute Magic From Your Own Kitchen.
Forget the mass-produced supermarket food – emptied of nearly all of its useful nutrition – think again about the food you eat and start with WildFood Wizard – its like a course at ‘Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry’.
- has your child got the ‘sniffles’ again? Gently manage their food intake to bring them back swiftly to optimum health
- are you feeling run down and tired? Modify your meals to get yourself to a place of maximum nutrition and energy
- are you, or someone you care for, recovering from a bout of something nasty? Get an insight into how to pack their food for minimum recovery time
WildFood Wizard gives you essential information on healing, power-packed food and herbs in time-proven treatments, that you simply integrate into everyday meals. You will discover the hidden secrets of food. With this book in your hands you will be able to:
- use fast-first-aid from the kitchen for common complaints
- find and use ancient wisdom from the hedgerows
- discover free and nutritious food to source your remedies
- enjoy secrets of self-medication with food that you can buy, grow or find
Armed with this knowledge you will find that food is extremely powerful in the day-to-day management of your health. With the secrets of food and its hidden powers you can do things like:
- block pain
- reduce inflammation
- lower blood pressure
- increase blood flow to the skin
- regulate stomach acidity
- stimulate digestion and circulation
- stimulate the immune system
WildFood Wizard is packed full of delicious food alchemy. Crammed full of recipes and remedies that put your kitchen at the heart of a healthy home, the author provides a guide to making your own food-based, health management system in your own kitchen.
Many harmful chemicals have found their way into our food as the pharmaceutical industries take over mass food production. But your body is a SELF HEALING MECHANISM! All you need to do is give it the right stuff and it will mostly heal itself and keep healthy.
But what is the RIGHT STUFF? With WildFood Wizard you will find out, and often avoid illness and the unpleasant side effects of chemical medicines altogether. Discover for yourself the awesome power of real food, the right food, for you, cooked up in the right way, at the right time. Many of these powerful and transformative foods are already slumbering in your kitchen. Go wake them up now with WildFood Wizard. It is time to Get Wise with your food.
If you are fed up with ‘the blues’ – lack of energy, feeling down, no focus – pep yourself right up with this book about the wisdom of food and its nutraceutical effects. WildFood Wizard isn’t ‘preachy’ – it contains really useful stuff on using herbs, wild or home grown plants, purchased or found.
This treasure of a book is crammed full of recipes and remedies. With over 200 pages and over 200 photos, the author provides a fabulous guide to how to collect and use your own food-based, natural first-aid kit and a wealth of information on the power of food in health management. For example you will:
- identify the fifteen most beneficial healing herbs and how to grow and use them in traditional and time proven treatments
- build and use your Natural First Aid Kit to treat over fourty common complaints like: abrasions, acne, allergies, bad breath, boils, breast feeding problems, bruises, burns, chilblains, colds, constipation, corns, coughs, cystitis, diarrhoea, earache, eyestrain, fevers, gums, headaches, hiccoughs, influenza, insect bites, insomnia, morning sickness, mouth ulcers, muscle aches, nappy rash, nerves, nose bleeds, pregnancy, shock, stomach upset, sprains, sore throat, sunburn, tonsillitis, toothache, travel sickness, varicose veins and warts.
- find out the traditional uses of over 30 common plants that grow near you
- enjoy delicious wild fruit and nut recipes featuring blackberries, strawberries, rowan berries, apples, pignuts and hazelnuts. Recipes such as wild blackberry junket, strawberry summer pudding or fresh hazelnut truffles are out of this world yummy. Eat like a king or queen from the hedgerow, wild food can be delicious as well as health enhancing (and often free)
- discover the fun of eating edible plants from your garden with recipes such as breath freshening rosemary flower candies, purifying tansy cakes, digestif fennel bread, regulating dandelion coffee, valerian sleeping draught and ‘eye-opening’ yarrow and other wild teas
- become wise in self-medication using the hidden powers of little known food sources like aloe vera, mastic gum, wild watercress, nettles, wild pestos and herb teas
- have fun with Epicurean Eating, with a section on how to design and make truly scrumptious meals especially prepared to treat what ails you, your friends or your family
- learn about basic nutrition, the ORAC scale and power foods that can render you super-immune to disease. Learn the language of neutraceutical food science with a glossary of over eighty terms used in ‘food parlance’, ancient and modern, for example: alkaloid, alphacarotene, alterative, anthocyanin, antioxidant, aromatic, bacteriacide, carminative, carotenoids, coumarin, diaphoretic, ethylene, flavonoid, free radical, glyconutrient, homeostasis, hypotensive, lycopene, meridian system, mutagens, mycorrhizal, parabens, phenols, phytonutrient, polysaccharide, psychotropic, quercitin, saponin, serotonin, styptic, vasodilatory. Do you know what these are and how to use them? You will discover a whole new world of food waiting for you in WildFood Wizard
Here’s what people have said:
“I’ve seen many books on herbs and healing, but they are usually long winded, overly complicated and frankly, sometimes just too ‘way out there’. Mr Mitchell’s fine collection of easy to prepare, and easy to use remedies for nutrition as well as for medicinal purposes is exactly what the holistic doctor ordered – information packed, precise, to the point, and most of all, really PRACTICAL for us 3rd millennium city dwellers!”
Silvia Hartmann, PhD, Director, Association For Meridian Energy Therapies, The AMT, United Kingdom
“I thoroughly enjoyed your book and would like to say how refreshingly straightforward and clear it was to understand and implement your suggestions. This book is a far cry from so many self-help manuals which refer to slightly exotic ingredients which one never has on hand and is a delight to use with very sound advice. I highly recommend it.”
Nicola Quinn, Author of “Life Without Panic Attacks”
Bob Collier www.parental-intelligence.com
With WildFood Wizard you will become a health wizard in the kitchen, killing sniffles before they turn into colds, easing tummy upsets and headaches on the spot, helping convalescents recover much quicker. Your friends and family will be impressed at your food wisdom. Prepare to be amazed at how much you can do with the power of pure food.
WildFood Wizard is self-published in 2 formats: the luxury hardback edition and in paperback. Start your purchase by clicking a link below and pretty soon you, your family and friends will be just brimming with health!
Hardcover Edition £25: Purchase direct from Lulu.com right here.
Paperback Edition £9.99: Purchase direct from Lulu.com right here.
“Each patient carries his own doctor inside them.
They come to us not finding that truth.
We are at our best when we give the doctor
who resides within each patient a chance to go to work”.